Warning! Long Entry
How? WAT registration is due today. I havent decide if i wanna go for dis on my own. Sorta an overwhelming situation. I know i shd juz take d plunge, but i'm afraid.
2006 summer vaca is fr 6 may-30 july. If i wanna go, i shd leave as soon as my exams finish, den i'll have a bit more than 2 months there b4 i hav to come back. Dis means dat der wont b a problem abt me not meeting d minimum period of stay. Which means, i shd go. But wat if FYP begins even b4 sem starts? But dat shd b able to b resolved right?? Really, hav i given dis enuf thought to go thru w it??? I'm also kinda afraid abt d race issue. I know, d ppl said ders no racism, but it cld b diff for me. Or... mayb i shd juz go for it. Den, aft next sat, i'll know if dey except me. If dey do, i'll worry abt it later, if dey dont, den i'll know dat i've given dis a shot n wont regret not having dipped my toe in it. ok? ok. Dis means i'll hav to attend a whole day of roadshow alone. Haiz...
Den ders HK. Mom sounds like she doesn't hav d energy to stop me but she insists i tell dad. I'm thinkin, i can juz buy d tiks, den tell dad. But ders dis foreboding feeling dats telling me to tell dad b4 i go on w it. But, i dont want watever dad has to say to affect my going. Ykl, day n i r all excited abt dis, n i cannot not go cos ykl had spent time planning for our visit. But dey cant do anything if i've bought d tiks right? I almost wanted to tell him on d way to work dis morn, but i didnt wanna end up goin to work w a face fresh out of tears(i'm predicting d worse, u see), so i juz kept mum even wen mom nudged me to tell. I'm thinking, mayb i shd tell him tonight, on d way to terawih, den he wont hav much to say cos cik ani's gonna b in d car w us n even if wat he says ends up makin me cry, i hav roughly enuf time to finish crying b4 we arrive. Whoah, i'm really dreading dis. I cant rmbr d last time dad said something dat made me cry. Was it d time he sounded discouraging abt my entering uni? Or was der something else more recent? Wenever it was, i hated d feeling he inflicted on me n dont wish to experience it again. I hope everything goes well. I know i shdn't hav waited till now to tell dem, but i tot d later i tell, d less time dey'll hav to nag me abt it. Wish me luck.
Ok i'll take all dis a step at a time. Breathe n dont panic. I shall come up w a to-do list.
- Register WAT
- Tell dad abt HK
- Buy HK tiks
- Apply leave
- Go WAT roadshow
- Worry(or not) abt WAT
- Go HK
- Return, tell parents abt Aceh
- Go Aceh
Yes, i hav a plan n i shdn't worry myself crazzy. Things always feel more overwhelming than it actually is wen i keep playing it over n over again in my muddled head. Now dat its listed in sequence, it looks less scary. Juz follow d list n u'll b ok. *tries to brainwash self*
Yeah, i didnt mention aceh. Aceh trip will b w schmates n parents will know i'm goin under mendaki(even if dey r not main org), so i'm quite confident, der wont b any dispute of interest. I hope. N i hope baby can make it for dis trip too. But now, worry abt hk first.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enuf of my worries, lets talk abt spring/raya cleaning. I think i'll soon feel d effects of my married sister. In wat way, u might ask? In d way of preparing for raya. Usually, raya prep falls on d shoulders of my sis n i(wen i'm not havin exams). We do d shuffling, d cleaning, d changing, d baking, d decorating. But dis yr, altho i'm not having exams, i can only do all these chores on weekends. N if u dont already know, ders only 4 weekends n 2 of it has passed. So, how do we do dis? I wont hav time to bake, cos my priority wld b to clean up in d weekends. Der wont b shuffling, cos i cant b bothered to do dat alone. Der wont b decorating cos i dont c d need, unless i hav d spare time. So it all narrows down to cleaning n changing. Lets check d list...
- curtains down CHECK!
- curtains up
- windows CHECK!
- mirrors
- shelves
- bedsheet
- ironing CHECK!
- newspapers
- tablecloth
Hey... ders not a lot, i juz realise. Den ders also d do-every-weekend chores like vac n mop. Mayb it wouldnt b too bad n i might still hav time to bake! But baking is usually done wen i'm havin my period(cannot go terawih mah), n d breakout came n gone but d period is still not here yet. Hmmm...
Oh, n mom said last fri dat we'll buy d cam on sun(yesterday), but she had to work n d parents decided to go jb aft dat. So i was stuck at home doin chores while my parents were stuck in jb. Buka alone sucks, but i get to eat junk food!!!
Oh, does anyone hav any advise for an IA student asking for leave to go on holiday??? I've nvr done dis b4, is der a possibility dat dey wont grant me leave?